All week long I look forward to relaxing during the weekend, but it never fails, the weekend seems busier than the work-week! For that very reason, I’ve dedicated time every Sunday to get in at least 15 minutes of stress-free relaxation. Since I know there are some mamas out there that can relate, I’ve decided to pass on a few tips on how to make sure you get in some “me” time … even if it’s just 15 minutes 🙂
1. I’m A Sucker For A Spa Mask & Bath: Literally, an over-the-counter mask can feel like a Burke Williams facial when you’re a busy mom. I wear mine around the house often, but when it’s time to decompress, I lock myself in the bathroom, tell the Hubby I’m unavailable and soak in a warm bath with candles all around. It’s my absolute fave way to spend a Sunday night.
2. Go For A Walk: Sometimes you just need to get away and a walk is the perfect way to do so. If you can, try to take a stroll solo dolo. If that’s not possible, then take your little one with you right before nap time. Baby will fall asleep and mama can take in the scenery and enjoy the quiet time.
3. Turn Off The TV: Sometimes keeping up with all of your favorite shows is a chore (an enjoyable one, but still time consuming). When I feel like my DVR is running my life, I like to shut it down completely. When the little one finally goes to sleep, sit in silence for a bit. It will do wonders for your mind. Although, I’ll admit, I’m such a busy body that sometimes I can only do it for five minutes. Womp!
4. Get Organized: Do you get anxious about the week ahead? Do Mondays make you mad? If this is the case, organize your week ahead of time … feeling prepared goes a long way in helping that overwhelming feeling. Typically, I’m not a Monday hater, but when I feel like my day is going to be hectic, I make a list and instantly I feel like I can tackle the challenges ahead.
5. Do Something Different: If your weekend looks hella busy and you have no clue why, just clear the schedule. I know, easier said then done. But when I feel like errands, meetings and appointments are taking over, I press PAUSE! I hate missing moments with Charlie B. and when the work-week is super busy, sometimes all I have is the weekend. So, I try to make the most of it. Just take a step back and think about what’s really important to you.