Home has more than just heart … it’s full of laughs, tears and an amazing message!
Just a few days ago, the hubby, Charlie B and I got to see an early screening of the new Dreamworks animated film, Home. The film follows Tip, voice by Rihanna, who loses her mother when Boov aliens inhabit the Earth. Jim Parsons plays the adorable Boov alien Oh who attempts to help Tip find her mother Lucy, played by Jennifer Lopez. Steve Martin also joins the film as Boov leader, Captain Smek.
An all-star cast is just one of the many reason why Home is a must see movie for kids and adults alike. Here are my top 5 reason to see Home…
1. The Boov aliens are super cute. Similar to the Minions in Despicable Me, the Boovs are bound to steal your heart and your kids will probably be obsessed. Get ready!
2. The jokes are actually funny. Not just kid-friendly funny, but adult funny, too. Somehow, Dreamworks figured out the perfect balance between little people LOLs and big people Bwahahahas.
3. You might just cry — Well, I did. I’m an emotional person on just an average day, but there’s a moment in this film where I think the whole audience teared up. It’s sweet, heartfelt and moving, so bring a tissue (just in case).
4. The message of the film encourages self acceptance and acceptance of those around you. Without beating you over the head, the message of tolerance is loud and clear, and it’s absolutely beautiful. It also promotes friendship, respect, loyalty, honesty, love, perseverance and determination … you can’t go wrong with a message like that!
5. There’s a surprise ending that’s just awesome. Without smacking you with a huge spoiler alert, I’ll just say that you think you know where the film is headed, but then something unexpected happens and it not only teaches a beautiful lesson, it’s also awww-inducing!
Home hits theaters March 27th! If you go, hit me up on Twitter and let me know what you thought.